Ad

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Patriotism in an Obama-nation.

As you read and watched in my Friday, January 23rd, post, many citizens of this great country, this United States of America, are pledging their allegiance to Obama, instead of the flag.

Is this patriotism?

No. Patriotism is defined as "love of and/or devotion to one's country." -- Wikipedia

"In both ancient and modern visions of patriotism, individual responsibility to fellow citizens is an inherent component of patriotism."

Be there no mistake that pledging your allegiance to Obama is no patriotism. He is only a symbol of our nation. Those who pledged their allegiance to Obama in the video posted yesterday were stating that they promised things such as being a better Father, a better neighbor, to take better care of their world and so on. Why wouldn't someone do those things as a natural practice on a daily basis because of a personal desire to do so?

What do you think about that video and the pledging allegiance to Obama?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I serve God. God alone.

I love my country and then I serve God some more.

I think the Obama worship is disgusting. It makes me sick. Literally sick.

CallCreative said...

I appreciate that very much! I think you will find that there are many out there who feel that way. Thanks for the comment!