Ad

Friday, February 6, 2009

Hello!? Hear US...Your Constituents!

As many of my regular readers know, I am very much against the "stimulus package", "rescue package", "spending package", or any other name you give what is going on in Washington right now. The whole thing just gives me a stomachache and makes my head feel like it's going to explode!

Is it just me, or has Washington gone completely insane...completely twilight-zone madness! If it was not clear prior to elections that there needs to be a massive overhaul in Washington, it should be completely clear with the current situation.

It seems that each of the "Representatives" and/or "Senators" have some of their own debts to pay-off and they are doing so on the taxpayers dollar. All of these companies they have election connections with are receiving "stimulus" through the current package. They are giving no thought to those who they are supposed to be speaking for. It's just a huge spending orgy! Where is our voice?!!

Obviously, we could shout from the rooftops that we are disgusted with what is going on with the special interest sections of this package (that seem to consume the larger portion of the package), but who would care? Senators? President Obama? Hello?!!

Even if this "pork" is legal, isn't it unethical? In my book, illegal and unethical fall into the exact same category...just plain WRONG!

Why is it that members of Congress get to keep their jobs and even offer themselves a raise when they have not been representing their constituents (which is their job and should be their #1 priority because that is the only reason they have a job in the first place)!?

How hard is it to put rules and regulations on money that is given out in "stimulus" so that we don't wind up losing $78 Billion like we did in the TARP (along with the other portions that went toward company luxuries and salaries, etc.)? What is going on? Is it just me or does it seem like the country has gone mad?!!

First, I had more faith in the people than to think that they would vote for such knuckleheads to begin with...I was wrong. Secondly, I had faith that they must have someone working on TARP that would keep track of the money and make sure it was used in a way that would actually go toward helping the American people. Again, slapped in the face, I was wrong. I am beginning to see that I cannot have faith in the system that is currently in place (or not in place as the case may be).

The question now is, what can we do to save our country?

No comments: