Ad

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sabbath Day. Eternal Perspective.

Don't let the world dictate how you should act, how you should treat others, what you should do. If you allow the world to dictate these things, your core actions and beliefs, you will find that you are actually sacrificing a piece of yourself.

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." -- Alma 37:37

If you keep a tight hold on your core beliefs of integrity, honesty, being Christ-like in your interactions with your fellowmen, you will be able to know that you have no regrets, that you have done your best during this one opportunity we have to gain a body and learn on this earth. When you go throughout your day ask yourself if your thoughts and actions are appropriate should your Savior be physically by your side. If the answer is "no", adjust your thoughts and actions so that you'd be comfortable to invite the Savior to be by your side.

I have a testimony that Jesus lives and that he died that I can repent and be with him and with my family again...for eternity. I have a testimony that we have been given the opportunity to live on earth and learn through this human experience. We have the opportunity to make choices and mistakes. Through these mistakes we have a opportunity to learn and make new choices. I know that it is not part of God's plan for us to be miserable. It is part of his plan that we are happy. That again is our own choice. I know that I have a lot to do to be able to live with Him again, but I also know that if I work at it every day that I have the ability to make the correct choices and live with Him again. I want to be with my family for eternity more than I want any rewards on this earth. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: