Ad

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mayor Bloomberg Plays God. Banning Free Choice. Will He Ban Pants Over Size 6 Next?

Mayor Bloomberg is putting forth a ban on the sale of your favorite sodas over 16 ounces.


While the Board of Health still needs to sign off on it, it seems that it will likely go through like the ban on smoking and on trans-fats.  


"A spokesman for the New York City Beverage Association, Stefan Friedman, criticized the proposal as "zealous." He said officials should seek solutions that are actually going to curb obesity.


The association said in a statement that the ban will not address obesity because "soda is not driving the obesity rates." 
(Source article below)

Doesn't this abuse of power seem unconstitutional to anyone else?  No one's even defending the fact that the constitution gives us freedom of choice!  

Don't you think that people are going to go out and buy more than one soda if they want to?  ...Or will the police be enforcing the ban with martial law where people must be sent to FEMA camps if they disobey the bans!

This is so ridiculous!  

Why not do something that will provide some benefit for society?  

Perhaps start a program that will provide a certain amount of money from the state for meals for the homeless for each mile a shared cab drives in the city versus individual cars/taxis or some other mechanism that might provide help to society?

Instead, Bloomberg is providing negative attention to the state of New York and is providing punishment to all who enter in.  

Great advertising for your tax dollars Mr. Bloomberg.  Genius!  

Now because Mr. Bloomberg has done such a great job of making New York such a desirable place to be, let's all flock there and relocate to this wonderful oasis of feel good.  Don't you want to?  I know I am going to put my house up for sale tomorrow and get my family and move to happy land.

I hate living among the free.  I want to have my decisions made for me because I know that King and Ruler Bloomberg can make my decisions much better than I can.  In fact, I am about to go running around my house right now, like a chicken with my head cut off, because I don't know which feet to put my shoes in.  Do I put the right in the left or the left in the right or both in the right?  For that matter, will someone please tell me which one is right?!!!!  Someone PLEASE tell me what I am supposed to do!  

King Bloomberg, I'll be awaiting your call.


-------------
NYC plans to ban sales of sugary drinks over 16 ounces 
Published May 31, 2012 FoxNews.com



The sin-tax sheriff is back on the job. 

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is proposing another ban on unhealthy foods. This time, he wants to outlaw super-sized sodas and other sugary drinks. 

The first-in-the-nation ban, formally announced Thursday, would limit sweet drinks to 16 ounces at venues across the city ranging from restaurants to street carts to movie theaters -- that means those extra-large cup holders at Loews are about to get awfully lonely. 

The ban, though, doesn't seem to take into account the obvious work-around. Want more than 16 ounces? Just buy two bottles. There's no Big Apple ban on doing that -- yet. 


Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/31/nyc-plans-to-ban-sales-sugary-drinks-over-16-ounces/#ixzz1wU80n6eV

No comments: